“Your tiredness has dignity to it!
Do not rush to pathologize it, or push it away, for it may contain great intelligence, even medicine.
Bow before your tiredness…even the courageous need to rest.
Come, sit by the fire of Presence.
Let the body unwind; drop into the silence…” – Jeff Foster (Sacred Exhaustion)
The practical magic of a renewed relationship and experience with sleep, soon, is well within reach.
The goal is the feeling of trust and freedom in life made possible when we re-learn and re-claim how to harness natural rest and sleep cycles.
Through sleep mentoring sessions by phone or skype, clients have addressed:
- How to partner with and soothe the performance-driven anxiety that pervades modern life for so many of us
- The overachiever, over-seeking, Type A approach to self-care, that is paradoxically entirely un-restful
- Napping and other deep rest strategies, soothing guilt and/or anxiety around sleeping more as impossible, too indulgent or a waste
- A constitutional tendency towards restlessness in general, or being ‘too awake’
- Frustration from generic cookie-cutter answers from doctors, pharmaceuticals, overly medicalized solutions, particularly sleeping pills
- Freedom from only mechanical tech solutions such as apps and sleep measuring devices
Deep Sleep Mentoring allows us to look deeply through these facades and return rest/sleep cycles as an essential home base you can trust in your life.
It is seeking you, as much as you are seeking it.
When this unfolds, many layers of well being begin to work and flow together better:
- mental focus
- emotional processing
- decision making
- physiological/psychological healing processes
- digestion on all levels
- elimination/clearing, physical, mental and beyond
- physical presence and activity
- fertility, creativity, intuition
- soul/spirit connection
There are many aspects involved in why individuals/communities might be:
- Having trouble falling asleep
- Having trouble staying asleep
- Not feeling satisfied with the quality, depth and refreshment from sleep
- Wanting to learn more about this aspect of life and well being, whether having obvious sleep problems or not.
Allowing the depth and wisdom of Sleep to speak to you, and to evolve its role as a central partner in your life is the aim of Deep Sleep Mentoring.
Customized to your needs, we often address common challenges like:
- Mental/emotional/spiritual influences on rest and sleep, in addition to the science and physical aspects
- Alternatives to sleep medications and supplements
- Middle of the night awakenings
- Feeling exhausted in the morning and/or during the day
- Performance driven anxiety that makes you feel guilty for slowing down
- Inability to rest/nap
- Recurring nightmares
- Curious or intense dreams
- Worried minds, excited minds, or just plain thinking minds. “It’s as if my mind doesn’t sleep”
- Restful companions to sleep, in situations when sleep isn’t possible
- Overstimulation and hyperarousal – being ‘too awake’
- Developing a ‘just right’ personal rhythm, ritual and sanctuary for sleep
Although we can certainly work together for longer, many people find profound relief within a single session. While it has become commonplace to invest $300-600 in a single month of personal support with trainers, coaches, mentors, and teachers of all kinds, none of these things can be maximized if you have a problem with sleep.
Deep Sleep Mentoring
Whether in short burst sessions or a longer package, with this kind of tailored personal support, you will be able to:
- Know how to harness your relationship to these natural cycles in grounded, powerful, masterful, creative ways!
- Feel new intimacy with the delicious magic that is rest and sleep
- Directly experience profound access to states of rest without feeling anxious
- Enhance your natural sleep instinct/intuition (also called ‘sleep thinking’)
- Trust in your ability to handle sleep challenges with independence and ease
- Deepen your personal access to the world of sleep in a way that feels inspiring and nourishing – so that you can feel liberated to support yourself, your family, your friends, your team/community
Do you feel ready to deepen your dive into the world of your sleep? You have my word that I will give my fullest attention and value to your well-being.
“I was not prepared for the extent to which I would feel empowered in my own relationship to sleep. It was very nice to feel as though, once the support ended, I would be ready to encounter sleep on my own terms, and I felt very secure in my ability to do so without a lot of extra ‘accoutrements.’ It has improved my relationship with sleep beyond what I could have imagined. If you are struggling with your relationship with sleep, this experience will be a wonderful support to you.” ~ Tiffany Dalton
Read more testimonials here.
Sleep is like a beautiful secret passageway to the inner being, a doorway to insights not as easily grasped through waking, a wise wisdom teacher, deep healer, and faithful partner to your deepest vision and intuition. Come, listen, feel its love. 🙂