Engaged Rest: The Space Between Stop and Go
An Urban Retreat dedicated to deep replenishment
With Jennifer Piercy and Misha Butot
Sat & Sun, Nov 16 & 17, 2019, 9:30am-3:45pm @ Roundhouse Farm in Saanich
“This is the mind and body that can be fully in the dance,
and at the same time, be fully in the calm abiding centre.” ~ Stephen Cope
This 2 day experience is for you if you are:
- Looking for effective ways to integrate the nourishment of ‘retreat’ into daily life – time and permission to deeply pause, uncover power in repose, explore and listen inwardly, follow your longings, re-connect with your soul, re-balance and increase resiliency
- Longing to dive into something powerful, immersive and inspiring, while also being nurturing, shorter, catered, and closer to home
- Wanting to spend a weekend steeping in quietude, digital detoxing, free from demands, cultivating self/community healing capacities
- A beautiful, quiet, contemplative space surrounded by nature
- Nourishing organic wildcrafted vegetarian lunch by Nature’s Chef
- Personalized attention – limited spaces available, with 2 gifted guides.
- Guidance, discussion and support to feed mind, body and soul.
- Self Compassion Re-charge – ‘Kindfulness’ Neuroscience
- Sacred Sleep and Dreams: Awakening isn’t only about being awake
- Honoring flavors of Tired – seasonal, physical, mental, emotional, energetic, soulful
- Embodying rest without guilt in daily life, harnessing rest in the midst of activity
- Time to linger in restorative poses, sequences, and breath awareness
- Meditation: sitting meditation, walking/earthing meditation, and Deep Yoga Nidra for integration, insight and healing
Open to students and teachers of all levels, and will be of nourishing benefit to any sincere practitioner.
“Re-vitalizing and healing…having the luxury of time to be reflective, to remember myself, and trust that person” ~ Amber
“This weekend allowed me to really listen to my body and feel how tired I am. It was the perfect way to unplug and replenish myself, the perfect balance between practice, information and free time. I have lately been having difficulty feeling love/compassion towards myself and I feel like I have been bathed in it all weekend. Thank you for holding the space and allowing me to be there just as I am.” ~ Alison
10-11:45am: Morning Restoratives and Yoga Nidra
12:30-1:30pm: ~ Lunch ~
1:30-2pm: Walking/Earthing Meditation & Self Inquiry Practice Options
2-3:30pm: Afternoon Restoratives & Yoga Nidra
3:30-3:45pm: Completion & Closing Blessing
*Please note: this is a non-residential retreat. Out-of-town participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation and accommodation.*
*Please be sure you can commit to this experience before registering as there are no full refunds.*
THIS RETREAT IS NOW SOLD OUT.
If you’d like to be placed on a waiting list, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.