Relaxing into Transitions: Autumn and the Inner Harvest
Sun, October 22nd @ Moksana Yoga Center, 1:30-4pm $45
Register here or call 250 385 2105
Birth, growth, stabilization, decay, death…these cycles pulse at the heart of our lives. Some of the deepest insights from Yoga practice emerge from flowing with the wisdom of natural rhythms.
Autumn can bring poignant flavors of melancholy, nostalgia, and appreciation. It’s an auspicious time to slow down and reflect on what is being harvested or digested, and what is clearing space or releasing.
In this afternoon mini retreat, be nourished by the edge-craft of Autumn wisdom: mystery, intelligent un-knowing, growing darkness, and inner trust.
You will have the opportunity to rest and reflect, vision and dream, in a sanctuary of support, exploring embodiment practices (Cozy Restorative Yoga Poses, Yoga Nidra ‘sleep meditation’, and intuitive writing), partnering your inner wisdom with the powers of Fall and preparing for the coming cycle of Winter.
Register here or call 250 385 2105
The Space Between Stop and Go
An Urban Retreat dedicated to deep replenishment
With Jennifer Piercy and Misha Butot
Sat & Sun, Nov 11 & 12, 2017, 9:30am-3:45pm @ Roundhouse Farm in Saanich
This 2 day experience is for you if you are:
- Looking for effective ways to integrate ‘retreat’ into daily life – time and permission to deeply rest, explore and listen inwardly, follow your longings, re-connect with your soul, re-balance and increase resiliency
- Longing to dive into something powerful, immersive and inspiring, while also being nurturing, shorter, catered, and closer to home
- Wanting to spend a weekend steeping in quietude, digital detoxing, free from distractions and demands, cultivating self-healing capacities
- A beautiful, quiet, contemplative space surrounded by nature
- Nourishing organic wildcrafted vegetarian lunch by Nature’s Chef
- Personalized attention – limited spaces available, with 2 gifted guides.
- Guidance, discussion and support to feed mind, body and soul.
- Self Compassion Re-charge – ‘Kindfulness’ Neuroscience
- Sacred Sleep and Dreams: Awakening isn’t only about being awake 🙂
- Honoring flavors of Tired – seasonal, physical, mental, emotional, energetic, soulful
- Embodying rest without guilt in daily life, harnessing rest in the midst of activity
- Time to linger in restorative poses, sequences, and breath awareness
- Meditation: sitting meditation, walking/earthing meditation, and Deep Yoga Nidra for integration, insight and healing
Open to students and teachers of all levels, and will be of nourishing benefit to any sincere practitioner.
“Re-vitalizing and healing…having the luxury of time to be reflective, to remember myself, and trust that person” ~ Amber
“This weekend allowed me to really listen to my body and feel how tired I am. It was the perfect way to unplug and replenish myself, the perfect balance between practice, information and free time. I have lately been having difficulty feeling love/compassion towards myself and I feel like I have been bathed in it all weekend. Thank you for holding the space and allowing me to be there just as I am.” ~ Alison
10-11:45am: Morning Restoratives and Yoga Nidra
12:30-1:30pm: ~ Lunch ~
1:30-2pm: Walking/Earthing Meditation & Self Inquiry Practice Options
2-3:30pm: Afternoon Restoratives & Yoga Nidra
3:30-3:45pm: Completion & Closing Blessing
(Please note: this is a non-residential retreat. Out-of-town participants are responsible for arranging their own accommodation.)
“It’s utterly mind-boggling the transformative powers of resting…and diving inwards in a (very) supportive space” ~ Kristin
“Amazing setting, food, and kindfulness as a bonus” ~ Jeff
“An absolute joy to marinate with these beautiful souls” ~ Cheryl
“Self love is treating yourself to this retreat – a must!” ~ Tammy
“I think most of us need this more than we realize!” ~ Carolyn
“If you do ONE thing for yourself…let this be it!” ~ Jill
Sleep for the Stars
A special mid-summer yogic siesta
Sunday, July 23rd, 3-4pm @ Moksana Yoga Center
$25 or by donation
All proceeds to the International Dark Sky Association
“Yoga Nidra is not about doing more, it’s about doing less. Its about releasing the struggling and striving to get somewhere. It’s the art and practice of doing nothing to arrive exactly where you want to be.” ~ K. Desai
Trust afternoon tired-ness as a call into meditation and insight.
Come replenish in a cooling, soothing sanctuary.
In this short rest-shop, harness the energy of the July new moon to plant seeds of fresh intention while resting deeply in Yoga Nidra for an excellent cause.
Yoga Nidra is a tantric meditation practice that induces brainwave patterns associated with deep ‘rest and digest’ nourishment. Attention is liberated through a structure of body, breath and awareness practices designed to activate a potent state of effortless non-doing.
Proceeds go to the International Dark Sky Association – helping eco-systems, animals and humans in one swoop through fighting light pollution and preserving night skies around the world.
Every dollar raised will be matched via their annual summer “Matching Gifts Challenge”.
Enjoy a refreshing short talk about the powers of Yogic sleep, followed by a 40 minute practice while supporting starry nights and precious eco-systems. 🙂