- Donna Farhi – Bringing Yoga to Life, Yoga: Mind, Body, Spirit, and The Breathing Book
- Judith Hanson-Lasater – Relax and Renew – Restful Yoga for Stressful Times
- Erich Schiffman – Moving into Stillness
- Richard Miller – Yoga Nidra, the Meditative Heart of Yoga
- Sri Aurobindo and the Mother – The Yoga of Sleep and Dreams – The Night School of Sadhana
- Swami Satyananda – Yoga Nidra
- Sara C Mednick – Take a Nap! Change your Life
- Rubin Naiman – Healing Night: The Science of Sleeping, Dreaming and Awakening
- Rubin Naiman – The Yoga of Sleep, audio cd’s
- TKV Desikachar – The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
- Sarah Powers - Insight Yoga
- Tara Brach – Radical Acceptance
- David Frawley – Yoga: the Greater Tradition
- Ganga White – Yoga Beyond Belief
- Michael Stone -The Inner Tradition of Yoga and Yoga for a World out of Balance: Teachings on Ethics and Social Action
- Linda Hartley – Wisdom of the Body Moving
- Dr. William C Dement and Stanford Sleep and Dreams
- National Sleep Foundation
- Dr. Rubin Naiman – lots of fantastic sleep resources
- Donna Farhi's website
Michael Stone's website, includes free audio talks
Erich Schiffman's website, includes fantastic, inspiring articles
A plethora of supportive wisdom and information
Interesting articles and other practice resources
The Sacred Pause – from the book, "Radical Acceptance"
The pauses in our life make our experience full, and meaningful
The well known pianist Arthur Rubenstein was once asked – how do you handle the notes as well as you do?
His response was immediate and passionate
"I handle the notes no better than many others – but the pauses – ah! That is where the art resides."
Like a rest note in a musical score, the pure stillness of a pause forms the background
that lets the foreground take shape with clarity and freshness
The moment that arises out of the pause, can,
like the well sounded note
reflect the genuineness, the wholeness, and the truth of who we are…
In the midst of a pause, we are giving room and attention to the life that is constantly streaming through us
A life often habitually overlooked.
Do you have burning questions about Yoga? Sleep? Life? We want to hear those questions. Ask your question(s) in the contact form below.